Friday, January 11, 2013

Whimper

Day eight.  I'd be worried if everybody else wasn't feeling the same way I am.  As it is, I've called the doctor's office and been given permission to keep taking my sinus meds even though I was supposed to stop after a week.  Can't do it yet--I stopped last night, and that was bad.  Can't drive myself to the doctor.  Can't find any other healthy people to take me.  Kids aren't well enough to leave the house yet.  The doctor isn't in today, so no prescription of stronger antibiotics until at least Monday.  I wouldn't even ask, but since I have this long, drawn-out history of suddenly raging-out-of-control-sinus-infections that lead to suddenly-raging-out-of-control asthma attacks, I thought it was prudent.  I've tried ignoring it, that certainly doesn't work.  I'll just keep taking my vitamins and drinking plenty of fluids.

Today I've set the ambitious goal of fifteen minutes up, and fifteen minutes down.  I am still woozy.  Last night, just once, I almost fell over while I was doing housework.

My sister was feeling worse last night--I'm still waiting to hear from her today.  All I can do is keep an eye on everybody from a distance.  My mother is doing a bit better and may be released from the hospital today.

But my husband has a light case of this.  So does my father.  Apparently even people who got vaccinated are feeling some of this.  My poor husband has to take our daughter for her blood test today, pick up a few groceries (ice cream and such) for her (fortunately for the birds he picked up their food yesterday), take the girls to a party at church (and they had another church function last night) which lasts 'til ten, only to have to get up at 2:15 a.m. tomorrow morning to drive to Indy for drill this weekend.  Fortunately somebody else will be doing most of the driving.  I'm  just glad he didn't have to work today--it's cold and windy out.  Actually, it's supposed to warm up quite a bit today.  I hope that approaching weather front doesn't do it's (customary) number on my lungs.  I'm still coughing and wheezing here.

House is a little more under control here.  After all, we wouldn't want a paramedic to see the mess. ;)  I'm going to make sure all the animals' water is clean and their food dishes are full today.  Yesterday I brought more wood in from the deck--I'm glad we had extra wood stacked there, because the rest of it is off across the yard and I don't want any of us walking that far outside.

All in all it's been quite a little adventure here.  Adventures are fascinating in novels, not so much in real life, though. 

May all our adventures be little ones.  I'm going to take my woozy self and do another fifteen minutes now.


No comments:

Post a Comment