Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Influenza Day Six

Well, Mom's on the way to the hospital by ambulance.  They think she might have pneumonia, which is scary when you're in your late sixties.  Mom also has several other health problems, some of which may or may not be associated genetically with some of mine.  My father's the only one available to take care of her--there's no way I can help right now.

I've been up for 10-15 minutes three times today so far.  I'm still really short of breath, but it's (very) slowly improving.  I've been surprised this morning how dizzy I am, though.  I'm a morning person, so I generally expect to feel good first thing.  Silly me--flu, double sinus and ear infection, severe asthma, and I think after five days I'll just shake it off.  At least the sinuses seem to be clearing up pretty well.  All those pills and sprays I got Saturday seem to be doing some good.  It would be newsworthy if I ever recovered from a sinus infection without medical intervention.  And at least I'm not getting up in the middle of the night to use my inhaler now, even if I do run for it first thing in the morning.  I'm still a bit breathless on and off just sitting here on the sofa.

My husband put on some spray deodorant this morning and precipitated a several-minutes-long asthma attack.  While usually nothing touches my lungs except tobacco, right now any old thing can set me off.

Yesterday I called a doctor to put off an upcoming appointment, and I transcribed an unidentified piece of piano music from youtube.  I'm still looking for the composer.  Today I called another doctor about my daughter's upcoming tonsillectomy.  We may still be able to go with that next week as planned.  We've got to get her a blood test beforehand somewhere, with my husband working and my father taking care of my mother.  And I'm in contact with the Cleveland Clinic these last couple of days, trying to set up some testing for me before my upcoming Social Security appeal in March.  They want a lot of insurance information, so now I'm in contact with Tricare, too.  And today I think I'll try to sit down and open the last several days' mail and maybe transfer info from our old wall calendar to the new one and hang it up.  Easy stuff.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to call my old doctors asking (once again) for medical records.  My sister has offered to pay, because they all need money.  Some of them won't give me anything anyway, but apparently I have a legal right to have them if I ask in writing, so that will be my next step.

Being sick is a lot of work sometimes.  Lots of doctors' visits and paperwork.  Expensive, too.

I can't call anybody on the phone because the phone isn't reliable, and now our internet is going in and out constantly, so I'd better go while I can still post this.

Bye.






No comments:

Post a Comment