Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Is It Spring Yet?

Feeling a bit better today.  My temp's down to 99.1, and I can breath pretty well, as long as I don't try to actually do anything.  Every once in a while I get up and do a couple of things, and sit back down.  I got to brush my teeth today.  I'm glad I can get up.  Now I just have to remember not to do very much.  Hyperactivity is not my friend right these next few days.  I should know this after all these years, but I always seem to forget.

The kids are all doing a bit better, too.

But my mom isn't doing well.  She's just gone to the ER with another stroke.  I wonder if the flu did it.  I wonder if the flu drove her blood pressure up.  Mine was up some fifty points in the ER--more than I usually get from the stress of having to deal with doctors.

I'm waiting by the phone for news about Mom.

My sister's sick too--she's taken the rest of this week off work already, and she wouldn't do that unless she were really sick.  

The incubation period for the flu is 1-4 days.  One daughter and I got it on the same day.  We could have gotten this when we all went out to eat together one night last week.

Sometimes I think I should stay home from about December to March.  Some day when I'm old and living alone, I'm going to give it serious consideration.  Stock up on supplies and just hunker down until spring.

Mom would enjoy that--hunkering down 'til spring I mean, not my months-long disappearance.  Anyway, we'd still have the phone, so we could talk to each other.

I hope she's okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment